IRVINE, Calif. — The 10th annual Catalyst West event is expected to draw 3,500 leaders who love the Church to Orange County on Thursday and Friday (April 12-13). Each year, the event unifies individuals from across the country to experience dynamic worship, challenging teaching and surprise elements aimed to inspire and equip the next generation of leaders. As in year’s past, the event will be held at Mariners Church Irvine located at 5001 Newport Coast Dr.
While uncertainty plagues many elements of modern culture, the Catalyst theme focuses on the concept Of Good Courage. The goal: inspire attendees to live from an unwavering inner confidence produced by the Holy Spirit.
“Our culture is in dire need of courageous leaders who will pursue what is risky, difficult, or unpopular. We believe that for followers of Jesus courage is less about pulling yourself up from your bootstraps, and more about surrender, obedience and faithfulness,” said Tyler Reagin, President of Catalyst. “‘Do not be afraid’ is the most frequent commandment in the Bible, and in almost every occurrence, the command is followed by the promise that God is with you. This year’s gathering is about reminding leaders of their identity as change makers. Courage is part of our DNA and the boldness to step into risk and fulfill our purpose comes from God working through us, not what we can somehow muster on our own. There’s freedom in that.”
Just south of Los Angeles County, an eclectic mix of entertaining hosts, modern visionaries, leadership experts and passionate young leaders will take to the Catalyst stage. These dynamic voices encourage leaders to participate in depth conversations and talks centering on today’s most pressing issues and topics facing the Church.
Speakers at Catalyst West include:
- Andy Stanley, Senior Pastor of North Point Ministries and Author of Ask it and Deep & Wide
- Lysa Terkeurst, President of Proverbs 31 Ministries and author of Uninvited
- Patrick Lencioni, Founder and President of The Table Group; Best-selling Author, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- Erwin McManus, Lead Pastor of Mosaic LA; author of The Last Arrow
- Bob Goff, best-selling author of Love Does; founder of Restore International
- Danielle Strickland, author of The Ultimate Exodus; officer, The Salvation Army
- Carlos Whittaker, author of Kill the Spider, musician, pastor and blogger
- Robert Madu, evangelist and teaching pastor of Trinity Church Dallas
- Graham Cooke, Author of The Nature of Freedom; teacher and consultant
- Jay and Katherine Wolf, founders of HOPE HEALS and co-authors of HOPE HEALS: A True Story of Overwhelming Loss and Overcoming Love
- Hosts Joseph Sojourner and Clay Scroggins
- Live worship with musical guests, Brian and Jenn Johnson of Bethel Music and Central Live Worship, with a special appearance by Crowder
Attendees and those at home can stay engaged through the recently launched Catalyst Insider platform which provides exclusive weekly content that features short video clips from the Catalyst stage with actionable tips to help leaders build great teams, grow mature leaders and be a catalyst for change. In addition, the Catalyst App includes interactive discussions, informative updates and fun activities to enhance the live event experience.
The influence of the Catalyst community arises from the stories and experiences of local leaders and changemakers who carry the collective wisdom and passion of the Catalyst movement into their respective communities.
Catalyst leaders lend their voices and influence to fight the injustice penetrating today’s world from providing freedom for trafficked victims worldwide to restoring desolate lands ravaged by disaster. Throughout the years, Catalyst leaders have partnered with organizations like Compassion International, Samaritan’s Purse, Bethany Christian Services, charity:water. To date, Catalyst attendees have sponsored more than 6,000 children through Compassion International and the number of sponsorships continues to grow with each event.
Catalyst West is sold out, visit CatalystLeader.com/westcoast for more information. Anyone wishing to learn more can speak with a Catalyst Concierge at 888.334.6569, or engage with Catalyst via Facebook, Twitter, Catalyst Insider, the Catalyst App and by tuning into the Catalyst podcast.
Catalyst exists to equip and empower Church-loving leaders through events, courses, and community. Put simply, we invest in leaders and have fun doing it. We believe in the Church and the impact it can make all across the world, so we work diligently to develop its leadership. Our events take place all across the country, but we’re proud to call Atlanta home. To learn more about Catalyst, visit CatalystLeader.com.