- This event has passed.
SMPS Gives Back – Union Rescue Mission
July 14, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
YOU are the Mission. Union Rescue Mission wouldn’t be able to serve so many precious men, women, and children without the generosity and dedication of friends like you.
Serve a Meal
Every day, URM serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They average about 2,300 meals per day! But they can’t do it without friends like you to help prepare and serve meals for guests.
One of their greatest needs includes volunteers to serve weekday lunches. We need 10 volunteers to come help serve the DTLA community lunch. The lunch shift starts at 9:30AM with an orientation followed by serving lunch from 10:30AM – 3PM (you are required to be there for the entire shift). Please join us in helping one of our country’s most desperate communities.
PLEASE NOTE THESE IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- All volunteers must be AT LEAST 16 years of age to volunteer in the kitchen.
- All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes.
- All volunteers must wear long pants (absolutely NO shorts of any style or leggings).
- Please keep in mind that we are a Christian organization. Clothing must be modest and respectful. This means no bare shoulders; no tight clothing; and no exposed midriff, cleavage, or back.
- If you have long hair, you may want to bring a hair tie to pull your hair off your shoulders to facilitate wearing a hair net.
- We suggest all volunteers leave personal items either in the car or at home. There is no personal storage available.
Lastly, all members of our group must complete the Volunteer Registration / Release of Liability Form if they have not done so in the last year. Use this link to access the forms online. All volunteers in our group will have to fill one out BEFORE our shift starts, and drop these forms off with the kitchen staff when you arrive.
Please e-mail Michelle Martini, Membership Director, at email@example.com.
SMPS Los Angeles
Organizer of SMPS Gives Back – Union Rescue Mission
The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) is a national, non-profit organization whose mission is to advocate for, educate and connect leaders in the building industry. The Los Angeles Chapter, known as SMPS/LA, advances that mission by providing tools for career advancement and building business through educational training, client-based programming, networking events and much, much more!